Where you getting 700mb ET O_o
ET is about 256 mb
If you are just trying to clean out maps and extra downloads don't bother reinstalling
And even if you are moving to a new computer you can just copy these files over and it will work the same(Although you will have to manually make shortcuts and it won't be registered in program add/remove)
Just keep these files:
- and any configs if you want.
Personally I don't use any custom installers. etlegacy/ultimate installers w/e. It takes the control out of your hands and does more than you want it to usually.
Just remember the install order for et 2.60b its really easy.
- Install wolfet
- Install wolfet 2.60 patch
- Replace ET.exe with 2.60b patch ET.exe
Save your etkey,silent.dat as for config if you don't have one made, I usually do something like this:
- For each mod you want to save do these steps:
- Load ET
- Load the mod/connect to server with the mod.
- Make sure your settings are what you want them.
- /writeconfig duke_silent.cfg (or w/e name u want)
Then that will write a config with all cvars you currently have.
(Note I think this also writes down what graphics card to load, so if you are switching hardware you might need to do some tweaking to the config afterwards or you will get opengl errors)
Then just copy that stuff over make sure you put it all in the correct directorys i.e. silent.dat goes in WolfET/silent/